How can we mount and unmount dmg files on MAC OS X?

How can we mount and unmount dmg files on MAC OS X?

Hi,

I am new to Mac OS X.I want to know  how to mount and unmount dmg files programmatically using java APIs.I have worked with command line options but i want to know whether there are any APIs to mount and unmount the disk images?

Thanks
Murthy