How can we mount and unmount dmg files on MAC OS X using java APIs ?

How can we mount and unmount dmg files on MAC OS X using java APIs ?

Hi,
I have heard MAC OS X supports kernel level programming in java.
I am new to Mac OS X.I want to know  how to mount and unmount dmg files programmatically using java APIs.I have worked with command line options but i want to know whether there are any APIs to mount and unmount the disk images?
If so Do they support all the options that hdiutil command line tool give?

Thanks
Murthy