Java version

Hi,

I have just updated my Java via Software Update.
In my program the currently used Java version is displayed in the about box. I am using System.getProperty("java.version") and System.getProperty("sun.arch.data.model") to collect this information.
I specified 1.4+ as the target VM version, and I set version 1.4.2 as the most appropriate version of the Java VM to use in the Java Preferences panel.
Surprisingly my program always starts with the 64-bit VM (version 5 or 6 depending which one is placed higher in the preference list).
Command java -version returns expected version number, i.e. 1.4.2.

My program uses universal JNI library compiled for 32 and 64-bit architectures.

Isn't that strange?

Piotr Rychlik