Re: Lion: how is a downloadable JVM integrated with browsers and applets?

Re: Lion: how is a downloadable JVM integrated with browsers and applets?

OK, it's not a mess.

Why don't you tell us what you find messy about it?

Are you perhaps bothered by the fact that the method passes in (a pointer to) a UIPickerView? But that is both a typical and a desirable pattern for delegate methods like this. It allows the delegate to access state information from the delegater, without having to hold an instance or share a global reference to the delegater, and it also allows the delegate to be used with/by any instance or subclass of the delegater.

That decreases coupling and increases flexibility. It's also called "good design".

Carl