|[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]|
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 09:11:16 -0500
From: Bryan Thompson <email@hidden>
Subject: Getting started (Help)
I'm finally making the move from MM 1.4.1 to the latest and greatest
MM. I have a brand new G5 server waiting for teachers and little kids
to log on. I'd like to ask a few basic questions before I start
configuring though. Any help would be appreciated.
1. With MM 1.4.1 OS 8.6 computers can log on - will I still be able
to log 8.6 computers onto the new system?
2. HOW do I get a client computer with OS X to see the server? Do I
install a X version of MM client on it?
3. We currently use a number of forced preference files like the
internet pref file to make it so kids are forced to use a proxy
server. Has this problem been eliminated in any way in the new
4. When MM for X first came out I remember reading that there is
Macintosh Manager and Workgroup Manager to configure X computers and
9.x and below computers - do I still need to do a dual management
system or has apple made one nice MM admin client?
5. Last (for now) would I configure MM for OS 9.x computers with a MM
adminclient for OS 9? I'm guessing there is no way to configure
workgroups with OS 9 apps on a X admin client.
Thank you for any help you can give.
Winooski School District
60 Normand Street
Winooski, VT 05404
Visit the Apple Store online or at retail locations.
Copyright © 2011 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.