Re: installing OS on ipod

This should work fine with either OS. You need to enable the ipod as a FireWire disk and you're set. It shouldn't erase anything off the ipod, unless you tell the ipod utility to restore factory settings or you partition the ipod with disk utility. Of course, you won't be able to use the space devoted to the OS files etc. for music and so on, but the 2 types of data will co-exist peacefully. It won't be particularly fast, and YMMV depending on how much use the ipod gets as a media player and it's environment etc.

Cheers,

Rafael