Re: Dumb Apache Question

Title: Re: Dumb Apache Question
You need a DNS record

website.com.               A           xx.xx.xx.xx
www.website.com.      CNAME   website.com

This makes sure that the www.website.com and the website.com entered into a browser’s address pane both resolve to the same IP address.

You DON’T want a CNAME in your MX record. That is bad.

Then for apache you need a serveralias record to tell it when it sees a host header name come through whether or not it should handle it.

Jim

I have a web site: http://www.website.com. People can view the web site and all is good. But now I need to have it show up in a browser as http://website.com but can seem to find the simple way of doing that.

In my DNS zone file “website.com.zone”, “website.com.” is my MX Record for the domain website.com.

My question is do I need to add a line to the zone file to get it to have “website.com” go to the web server through an A record or CNAME record, or is it something I need to do in Apache?

Thanks,

Dan

---