Re: installing OS on ipod

At 10:17 AM -0700 10/1/04, email@hidden wrote:
Can I install the OS on an ipod for a startup device for any server problems? Can the server version be put on it or does it need to be the regular OS? Also, does this erase everything on the ipod and if so do I need to reload certain software to get the ipod to function?

YES, but realize that the iPod's battery and drive are not designed for continuous use. YES you can use whatever OS you like. MAYBE, if you erase the iPod as part of the install, but why would you do that.
--

-dhan

Dan Shoop                                              email@hidden
Consulting Internet Architect                              email@hidden
AIM: iWiring                                     http://www.iwiring.net/
Skype: danshoop                                   http://www.ustsvs.com/

pgp key fingerprint: FAC0 9434 B5A5 24A8 D0AF  12B1 7840 3BE7 3736 DE0B

iWiring designs and supports Internet systems and networks based on
Mac OS X, unix, and Open Source application technologies and offers
24x7, guaranteed support to registered clients, at affordable rates.