Re: Imagemagick for OS X Server

On Oct 19, 2007, at 6:12 PM, Steve Elman wrote:

Has anyone used this on their server?

Yes, but since OS X has SIPS build into the OS it's a much better, and faster, choice to use.

I am running a G5 OS X Server 10.4.10 DP 1.8 Ghz.

http://www.imagemagick.org/script/binary-releases.php#macosx

If so does it work well? Or?......

It does it's job OK and is popular.

Is there a better way?

`man sips`

Is this needed?

Do you need to do image manipulations programtically, like as in a CGI?

I have a client asking me to install this on my server.

Probably b/c they have some package like an image gallery that wants to use it.

-dhan

Dan Shoop <email@hidden>
Tactical Operations Center: 1.866.901.8787 (24x7)
Ph: 714.363.1174
AIM: iWiring