ipfw.config - how to block ip ranges

I currently have my internal firewall running and I have my ipfw.config set up and currently blocking multiple known spamming ip address like this:

add deny log tcp from to any dst-port 25 in

In reading the server docs and the man pages it is not clear to me how to block a range of ip's such as -

Additionally how does one block a range and then allow an ip within the blocked range? If possible?

Pointing me to the correct documentation or a link to an article would be great but I can't seem to find on on this subject.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
                 Steve Elman