Re: Imagemagick for OS X Server

On Oct 19, 2007, at 6:12 PM, Steve Elman wrote:

Has anyone used this on their server?

Yes, but since OS X has SIPS build into the OS it's a much better, and faster, choice to use.

I am running a G5 OS X Server 10.4.10 DP 1.8 Ghz.

http://www.imagemagick.org/script/binary-releases.php#macosx

If so does it work well? Or?......

It does it's job OK and is popular.

Is there a better way?

`man sips`

OK al of this is a little over my head. I wish installers were just made like regular installers. Double click and install. ARG.

Is this needed?

Do you need to do image manipulations programtically, like as in a CGI?

I don't know. I was asked to install it because of this http://www.aspenvalleychapter.com/director_test_beta/

Says it is missing the GD libraries and it is needed or requested that I install imagemagik and I am apprehensive about doing it. And sips doesn't look any easier for me. :-(

I have a client asking me to install this on my server.

Probably b/c they have some package like an image gallery that wants to use it.

http://www.aspenvalleychapter.com for the local HOG group I belong to and hosting their site, the photo section.

Thanks,
Steve
                 Steve Elman