Active Directory - Network Accounts Unavailable after reboot

Active Directory - Network Accounts Unavailable after reboot

I posted this to the Apple Discussion forums but didn't really get any
good replies yet, so I thought I'd ask everyone here as well.

The issue I'm having with Snow Leopard is that I can bind accounts to
AD and on the first boot it works perfectly. It shows Network Accounts
Available and I can login using an AD account. After I reboot and on
every boot after the first it then shows Network Accounts Unavailable.
I logged in as local admin and it shows it is bound to the domain and
it has a green light under the Directory Utility for the domain.

Here are the main bits of info regarding this problem:

1. Computer is bound to domain on first boot using Deploy Studio's
firstboot script. This works brilliantly on 10.5 and only became a
problem on 10.6.

2. On first boot, it binds to the domain correctly and shows Network
Accounts Available. I can log in using a network account and
everything is peachy.

3. If I reboot the machine, the status on the loginbox changes to
Network Accounts Unavailable and has a red light.

4. If I've logged in to an AD account on first boot, it will log in
even with the red light present (it is a mobile account). This is
working properly.

5. If I try to log in using an account that has never logged in
before, it will not log it in.

6. If I login in as local admin and check the Directory Utility, it
shows the machine as being properly bound to the domain and has a
green light even thought the login box shows a red one.

Every time I reboot on 10.5, it says Network Accounts Unavailable for
a few seconds and then switches to Network Accounts Available.

On Snow Leopard, it will EVENTUALLY go to Network Accounts available,
but only after about 15 minutes of sitting with the red light and
"Network Accounts Unavailable" being displayed. I observed this 3
times in a row. It was consistently 15 minutes every time.

Thanks in advance

Nate Walck
Apple Image Coordinator
Liberty University