Re: Is Objective-C a proper superset of C99?

Re: Is Objective-C a proper superset of C99?

On Aug 28, 2005, at 7:31 PM, Ryoga wrote:

I'm a complete newbie to the list, so please don't hurt me! :-)

I've read through Apple's documentation on Objective-C and believe
that it is a proper superset of K&R C, but then ran across the
following post:

http://lists.apple.com/archives/objc-language/2004/Jan/msg00169.html

which suggests that it is now a superset of C99.  My question is this:
is Objective-C a proper superset of C99?

Objective-C is a proper superset of C89 and C99 and K&R C. For GCC, the default is superset of GNU89 which is a superset of C89 with GNU extensions.

-- Pinski