Re: Issue with Quartz Composer and Decklink Intensity 10 bit HD ingest ?

Re: Issue with Quartz Composer and Decklink Intensity 10 bit HD ingest ?

Hi vade.  This looks like a bug and will be investigated.
.xX

vade wrote:
Hello - I am uncertain if this is a bug or a user error, so please bear with me.

I have been testing Blackmagic Designs Decklink Intensity capture card with a variety of software. The card allows for quicktime compatible applications to have 1080i/720p and 480p uncompressed 4:2:2 YUV input via a PCIe card with HDMI input: http://decklink.com/products/intensity/techspecs/

When testing with Quartz Composer I noticed that 10 Bit input seemed to be ludicrously laggy, up to 45 frame delay with input.  Occasionally 8 Bit input would lag as well, not as much, but quite a bit, up to 10-15.

The Quartz patch I used was as simple as

Video Input -> Billboard

Video input specified frame size to be 1280 by 720 (I was testing 720p source material).

I toggled Use High Quality and use YUV Texuring, neither did anything to alleviate the frame lag.

Testing with other QT compatible software such as Decklinks supplied On Air, open source Pure Data and GEM, or Max/MSP and Jitter did not show the 45 frame lag at all at 10 bit, or 8 bit. Constant at 3/5 frames.

Machine specs are

Dual 3.0 Mac Pro (Quad not Octo)
8Gb Ram
NVidia x1600 512 MB Ram.

Would anyone offer any pointers or possible work arounds for this delay? Thank you.

v a d e //

abstrakt.vade.info