Re: Image extent?

Well, that's the likely intent of many of the convenience pre-setup filters included with 10.6+ that use qc to create the instruction chain to prep the image.

QC has the ability to load patches and plugins, and the core image filters it loads are actually units that live in the core image framework, largely. In that sense it would be a request of core image functionality, I believe.

The problem is that one doesn't really need to always crop at every step of an image filter chain. It probably wouldn't be great if each image unit had to make a check to see which route to take(crop or non-crop) for every single image unit placed in a chain;  that kind of pattern usually leads to bad performance when scaled to large projects.

Cropping at the end of a filter chain also sets the area that the rest of the chain upstream acts on, which can help performance.

Sent from my iPhone