Re: QTjava.zip

This raises my next question --

How do you deploy a QTJava applet?? You can't put a dll into a jar file -- can you?
So from the discussion below, it looks like you would have to have QT for Java installed
as a plugin for your browsers before you can run a QTJava applet.

For example -- if I write a little technology demonstrator applet that shows a simple
QT movie -- and I want to show it to my boss and/or potential customers -- I have
to ask them to download and install QT6 from Apple's web site. This one small request
will ax any interest I might have raised in my boss/custormer. I know this to be true --
I've been through it so many times before.

So -- how do you deploy QTJava applets with the expectation that it will run on *ANY*
machine -- without having the user of that machine install QT6 first?

Ken Warner

Jean-Sibastien Guay wrote:

Where can I find the file -download- QTjava.zip?

You can't just download QTJava.zip and put it into your classpath. You need to reinstall Quicktime to enable Quicktime for Java. If
you just put QTJava.zip you will still get errors about your classpath, even though it's correct - that's because QTJava needs a dll
to be installed and some stuff in the registry. So I really recommend you run the Quicktime installer to do this for you.

Note that you can run the installer, choose "custom install", and only select Quicktime for Java (near the end of the list of
components), and it will only install that. Your original QT installation will be left intact.

HTH

J-S