RE: Adding Cue points to QT

Guys,

Here is the official message I received from Macromedia about cue points
within the windows environment; http://www.macromedia.com/go/12660 . All
reference to adding cue points needs to be done in the Mac environment
including the use of QuickTime 5 Pro. Then import the movies into the
windows environment.

I ran into numerous problems attempting to add cue points for Director
in the windows environment.

This is the steps I took to resolve the issue:

I used SoundEdit 16 to get the exact time for the cue point

[00:00:10.000]
Cue 1

Then in simple text I wrote the following:

{QTText}{timeStamps:absolute}{timeScale:1000}
[00:00:10.000]
Cue 1
[00:00:17.560]
Cue 2
[00:00:20.320]
Cue 3
[00:00:24.570]
Cue 4
[00:00:31.500]
Cue 5
[00:00:35.070]

The last time is the actual length of the movie.

Next import text doc. into QuickTime 5 Pro
	select all / copy

Open the actual movie in QuickTime 5 Pro
	select add/scale

Set the text track to "preload" and make a chapter track in the sound
track

Finally disable the text track and save the movie as self-contained.

You are now ready to import this movie into Director.

Within Director make sure the movies streaming is set to false and is
preloaded (cast properties)

I hope this makes sense, the hang up I had was when it came to using
QuickTime 5 Pro I was using the windows version, which simply won't
work.

Todd