QT parent child window memory error

I have a puzzling bug with an application and I’m hoping this list can help. The issue has been reproduced with several versions of QuickTime 7 through 7.15 using IE7 on XP on more than one PC.

The issue is a QuickTime 360 pop-up window is opened. Then it is viewed. Then it is closed. Then close the parent window and the following iexplore.exe application error occurs:

The instruction at “0x0aca9bc7” referenced memory at “0x0000001c”. The memory could not be “read”.

Any advice on how to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Dan