Re: custom lock message (again)

Patrick / All
Thanks for the post on how to kill the screen memo ... very useful
As for your question on how to change the lock image , you were in the right place , but not deep enough into the rabbit hole.

An no ... the apple directions don't work , I tried it for hours...

The file you are looking for is in this path :

/System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/AppleVNCServer.bundle/Contents/Support/LockScreen.app/Contents/Resources/Lock.jpg

So , System Lib. - > Core Services - > Remote Management -> Open the AppleVNCServer.bundle -> Open the LockScreen.app bundle / Resources -> Bam (LockScreen.jpg)

Be careful not to run the LockScreen.app ... because you will then lock your own screen. ;) so I've been told by someone who did this ...

Edit this file on the host machine , and in the little bit of testing I have done , it works well.

Consider the fact that image resolutions do matter , so try to create an image in the resolution of your client computer .. (i.e widescreen v. traditional aspect ratios)

Anything related , please throw back @ me !

- Ben