Task Server for Software Updates?

After recently attending an Apple Tech Seminar for Education, we've started thinking about using ARD's Task Server feature to manage software updates. Does anyone have any experience with this? And/or does anyone know how using this feature compares with OSX Server's Software Update Server (pros and cons)? Any gotcha's we should be aware of?

Thanks in advance.

Lisa Gosen
Asst. CIO
Hawthorn School District #73