Re: Problem upgrading from 10.4.2-3 to 10.4.8 via ARD

Re: Problem upgrading from 10.4.2-3 to 10.4.8 via ARD

On Nov 16, 2006, at 10:26 PM, Lance Ogletree wrote:

On Nov 16, 2006, at 6:35 PM, Chris Waltham wrote:

Listers,

I have several iMacs running 10.4.2 & 10.4.3 here that I wish to upgrade to 10.4.8 via ARD -- specifically, using the "softwareupdate -ia" sent (as root) as a UNIX command. The trouble is, there appears to be an incompatibility between running softwareupdate from the command line and running the Software Update GUI app as admin. Observe the output from ARD when sending the command:

Classified-M1732 (172.16.10.154)
2006-11-16 19:15:12.968 softwareupdate[259] Loading CatalogURL http://bugs.pressherald.com:8088/index.sucatalog
Software Update Tool
Copyright 2002-2005 Apple

Is the QT installation expecting a client side response?
Are you performing the update while no user is logged in or can you view the client while the update is being performed?

Lance Ogletree
Sr. Mac Systems Administrator
Rice University
6100 Main Street MS 119