Re: Status is just showing VNC

At 10:24 PM +0100 11/17/06, Arnold Nefkens wrote:
Hello List,

A client of mine has a Mac Mini located in a hosting centre, so it has a public IP. But I keep seeing the status of this MacMini as VNC On. And nothing more.

The reverse ports are blocked or the packets aren't being routed through stateful firewalls or NAT coming from the client Mac to your admin machine.

I can just observe and control, but I'm unable to use ARD as I'm using it on my local LAN.

Use a VPN.

--

-dhan

Dan Shoop                                                   AIM: iWiring
Systems & Networks Architect                      http://www.ustsvs.com/
email@hidden                                http://www.iwiring.net/
1-714-363-1174

"The wise man doesn't give the right answers, he poses the right
questions." -- Claude Levi-Strauss