Re: about detecting hard drives with problems

Steven Kolins writes:
>diskutil info / |grep "SMART"
>	which shows current SMART status - but I've seen that few drives report SMART
>status to diskutil - if you check with the gui Disk Utility it often reports
>SMART status for a drive that diskutil doesn't.
>
>Anyone know another way to probe SMART status?

OK. I've figured out one big detail but still don't know all the implications.

compare
diskutil info /
with
diskutil info disk0

and the second usually reports SMART status.

Now what does it mean if diskutil info / reports SMART status?!
Steven Kolins
Alamance-Burlington Schools, NC USA
LanTech/Mac Systems Tech
336-570-6060x110