Re: Problem upgrading from 10.4.2-3 to 10.4.8 via ARD

Re: Problem upgrading from 10.4.2-3 to 10.4.8 via ARD

On Nov 17, 2006, at 5:41 AM, Rune Lynge wrote:

Hi Chris

On 11/17/06, Chris Waltham <email@hidden> wrote:
I have several iMacs running 10.4.2 & 10.4.3 here that I wish to upgrade to
10.4.8 via ARD -- specifically, using the "softwareupdate -ia" sent (as
root) as a UNIX command. The trouble is, there appears to be an
incompatibility between running softwareupdate from the command line and
running the Software Update GUI app as admin.

<SNIP>

Is the QT installation expecting a client side response?

I can't imagine why it would? It doesn't if you just run the Software Update
GUI app..

Please try the following and let us know if it does make a difference:

COMMAND_LINE_INSTALL=1 /usr/sbin/softwareupdate -ia

Best
Rune

Thanks Rune, I will try that this morning!

Chris