ARD 3.1 problems with G5 tower

So due to a couple of Xserves dying, I've had to press a G5 tower into service as a server.

The problem I'm having is that since upgrading to ARD 3.1, I can no longer control it. I can start a control session, and ARD Admin thinks I've got a window open, but nothing actually appears.

None of my Xserves have this issue, only the G5 tower, which doesn't have a monitor attached.

The next step is to try attaching a screen to it to see whether that resolves the issue, but I was just wondering if anyone else is seeing the same problem?

-- Nigel Kersten [Acting IT Manager] College of Fine Arts, University of NSW, Australia. CRICOS Provider Code: 00098G