Re: Setting NTP servers & polling them

On 27-Nov-06, at 11:32 AM, Chris Waltham wrote:

I'm trying to troubleshoot some problems relating to network logins (with the combined AD+OD environments), as Kerberos has very specific requirements for time synchronization.
I'm unable to find a command that actually means "Hey, go out and poll the NTP server right now". So, my question is: does anyone know a way to do it? I have 200 clients, I don't want to either email them to tell them to go to Date & Time, or tell them to reboot. At least, not yet...

Any advice? TIA!

I'm sure there's a more stylish way of doing this, but I'm thinking turn off ntp, and turn it back on again, thus forcing a check...

Cheers,
Andrina

--
Systems Integrator