Re: ARD 3.1 problems with G5 tower

When you install Mac OS X server on an xServe, it installs an extension
called "headless support" that allows the server to function normally
without the need of a video cable or display connected.  Unfortunately, this
extension isn't installed on other hardware besides the xServe, which causes
the issue described in the the thread.  The work around is to plug-in some
type of adapter to trick the Mac into thinking it has a display.  Dr Bott
sol and adapter for older Mac's but for newer G4 and G5 computers, there are
only "homebrew" solutions, such as what is described at this web site:

http://www.ilpi.com/help/headlessmac/

Good luck,

--
Ted August