Some bugs and problems

Greetings,

This is my first post to the mailing list, so please bear with me.

I've noticed two "bugs" that I haven't been able to work around yet.  First and foremost, the Late 2006 Intel iMac models don't respond to the Send UNIX Command if you use "osascript" to send a keystroke at the login window.  As per the ARD Administration manual, the command is:

osascript -e 'tell application "System Events" to keystroke "admin"';
osascript -e 'tell application "System Events" to keystroke tab';
osascript -e 'tell application "System Events" to delay 0.5';
osascript -e 'tell application "System Events" to keystroke "password"';
osascript -e 'tell application "System Events" to delay 0.5';
osascript -e 'tell application "System Events" to keystroke return'

They input the user name and password no problem, but they do not respond to the keystroke for return.  I can send that single keystroke over and over and over again (sending as root) and it won't make a difference.  I have to go around and hit the Return key on each iMac keyboard anyway.  Yet, when there are dialog boxes up, I can send the same keystroke return and have it activate.

Is this just a bug with AppleScript on the Late 2006 iMac models (the most recent ones)?  I haven't been able to figure any other command to send it that can make it work, and it severely destroys my attempt to automate certain processes.

Second bug: What is with the file copy bug?  I have been unable to use the Copy File command to send a given file or folder to more than one machine at once.  Based on the Console log, there seems to be some kind of error involving multicasting, but I'm unaware on any problem with multicasting from my server machine, and I don't think any of our hubs or switches have problems with them either?

I have my ethernet connection plugged in, and three "virtual" ethernet connections so that I can access all four of the used subnets at our location, so technically speaking, ARD thinks each connection is a local subnet connection.  So why whenever I try to copy a file to more than one machine at once, I get a "communication error"?  If I do them all individually, it's fine, but ARD has a horrible interface for queueing up the same action on a sequential list of machines.  I haven't been able to find a smooth or easy way to have an action perform on a list of computers one at a time, in order.  I have to drag the computer into the task saved into the sidebar, then drag the old one out, then run the task, then go back to the list... ad nauseum.

Any suggestions on either of these problems would be most welcome.  Thanks :)

--
Nick McSpadden
Schools of the Sacred Heart