Re: Some bugs and problems

Title: Re: Some bugs and problems
On 11/28/06 13:14, "Nick McSpadden" <email@hidden> wrote:

I've noticed two "bugs" that I haven't been able to work around yet.  First and foremost, the Late 2006 Intel iMac models don't respond to the Send UNIX Command if you use "osascript" to send a keystroke at the login window.  As per the ARD Administration manual, the command is:

osascript -e 'tell application "System Events" to keystroke "admin"';
osascript -e 'tell application "System Events" to keystroke tab';
osascript -e 'tell application "System Events" to delay 0.5';
osascript -e 'tell application "System Events" to keystroke "password"';
osascript -e 'tell application "System Events" to delay 0.5';
osascript -e 'tell application "System Events" to keystroke return'

They input the user name and password no problem, but they do not respond to the keystroke for return.  I can send that single keystroke over and over and over again (sending as root) and it won't make a difference.  I have to go around and hit the Return key on each iMac keyboard anyway.  Yet, when there are dialog boxes up, I can send the same keystroke return and have it activate.

Is this just a bug with AppleScript on the Late 2006 iMac models (the most recent ones)?  I haven't been able to figure any other command to send it that can make it work, and it severely destroys my attempt to automate certain processes.

If I had to guess, I’d say it’s because System Events isn’t running outside of a user context. What problem are you trying to solve here?

--
John C. Welch         Writer/Analyst
Bynkii.com              Mac and other opinions