Re: Some bugs and problems

On Nov 28, 2006, at 11:54 AM, John C. Welch wrote:

If I had to guess, I’d say it’s because System Events isn’t running outside of a user context. What problem are you trying to solve here?

That can't be it, because it works just fine on eMacs in the same context.  We have mixed labs of eMacs, Early 2006 imacs, and Late 2006 iMacs, and the Late 2006 iMacs are the only ones affected by this problem.

The general idea is to be able to log in to a specific account all at the same time on every machine in the lab when I need to switch over to something else to do a quick maintenance upgrade.  I'd like to do it just from my office, but the Late 2006 imacs are immune to the keystroke for "return."  All the other keystrokes work fine.  They'll enter in the name "admin," wait 0.5 seconds, enter in the password, wait 0.5 seconds... and then sit there.  I can send the keystroke "return" over and over again, and it just won't work on those.

But it works just fine on eMacs, Early 2006 iMacs, and other earlier Apple machines.  Outside of the Login Window, that same apple scripted keystroke works fine in applications.

Is there some other keystroke I can send that makes the Login Window acknowledge input and continue?

--
Nick McSpadden
Schools of the Sacred Heart