Re: Some bugs and problems

Title: Re: Some bugs and problems
On 11/28/06 14:03, "Nick McSpadden" <email@hidden> wrote:

The general idea is to be able to log in to a specific account all at the same time on every machine in the lab when I need to switch over to something else to do a quick maintenance upgrade.  I'd like to do it just from my office, but the Late 2006 imacs are immune to the keystroke for "return."  All the other keystrokes work fine.  They'll enter in the name "admin," wait 0.5 seconds, enter in the password, wait 0.5 seconds... and then sit there.  I can send the keystroke "return" over and over again, and it just won't work on those.

Okay, so what kind of upgrade requires this? I’m not trying to be a pain, but there’s a real limited subset of actions where you need physical console access, and perhaps if you explain the precise nature of the problems you’re currently trying to use this for, you might find a better solution that doesn’t rely on UI scripting, which is not generally reliable on a good day.

--
John C. Welch         Writer/Analyst
Bynkii.com              Mac and other opinions