Re: Java rendezvous classes and linux

At 1:55 PM +0200 7/24/04, Peignier Timothee wrote:
I change in the Makefile in mDNSPosix :
# JAVACFLAGS_OS += -I$(JDK)/include/linux
JAVACFLAGS_OS +=

I obtain :
gcc -o build/prod/libjdns_sd.so ../mDNSShared/Java/JNISupport.c -I. -I../mDNSCore -I../mDNSShared -W -Wall -DPID_FILE=\"/var/run/mdnsd.pid\" -DNOT_HAVE_SA_LEN -DUSES_NETLINK -Os -DMDNS_DEBUGMSGS=0 -fPIC -shared -lmdns -I/usr/include -Iobjects/prod
Java wrappers done

So it compile without error, it seems to work with Java client (in mDNSResponder/Clients/Java).

Thanks for help ;)
It seems that I have a types.h in /usr/include/linux and in /usr/include/sys, certainly a source of conflit ?!

Looking at the mDNSPosix/Makefile, it seems like this would only occur if you set JDK=/usr (which I assume you did). This is how -I$(JDK)/include/linux would turn into -I/usr/include/linux.

It's certainly a source for error, although I'm not sure how common it is to essentially overlay the JDK onto /usr.

If anyone has any thoughts on the "standard" install location for the JDK on a Linux, FreeBSD, etc. system, I'd love to hear them.

thanks,

Roger.