Re: IPv6 Support for Linux

Hi Marc,

I have added a patch to use /proc filesystem to get ifi_info with linux systems. It now allows IPv6 to be populated to mDNSCore. Also, when you start up mDNS apps, you can see mulitcast traffic destined for both 224.0.0.251 and ff02::fb (which did not happen before). Also, mDNSIdentify now shows IPv6 AAAA Address records for hosts that are being polled.

But, it seems like to browse for services, there needs to be an IPv4 address present on an interface. When I remove IPv4 address from an interface, just leaving an IPv6 address, dns-sd -B browser doesn't see services even though I can see traffic destined to ff02::fb. When I add IPv4 address, services come up.

I am still introducing myself to the code and getting an understanding of how it is designed. If you have any idea where to look to fix this, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks
PS: I will post that patch after I have time to clean it up.