This is nothing more than the result of someone else going to any number of web sites that require an Apple ID, and attempting to reset the password for that Apple ID. Most likely, someone mistakenly thought the Apple ID was theirs, and attempted to reset its password. It sends the prompt to reset the password to the email address that is actually associated with the Apple ID. If I knew what your Apple ID was, I could cause the same message to be sent to you.

This isn't "phishing", just someone's mistake.

- Dave

On Mar 31, 2005, at 3:28 PM, Bryan Jones wrote:

Off topic question:

Has anyone here received this message? I have not done anything to induce this email, so is this a phishing attempt, or has somebody tried to change my password?

Bryan

Begin forwarded message:

From: email@hidden
Date: March 31, 2005 1:53:41 PM MST
To: email@hidden
Subject: How to Reset Your Apple Password

Dear Bryan Jones,

To reset your Apple password, please click on the link below or copy and paste the address onto your web browser's address window. Once you're on the web page, you will be instructed to enter and confirm your new password.

https://iforgot.apple.com/cgi-bin/resetPassword.cgi? key=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please note that this link will expire 3 hours from the time it was sent.

If you require further assistance in resetting your password, please visit:

http://survey.info.apple.com/feedback/appleid.html

Thank you for contacting Apple.

Bryan William Jones, Ph.D.
email@hidden