    Subject: Re: [apple scitech] Request: Factorization
    From: Bryan Jones <email@hidden>
    Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 06:47:55 -0600
    Accept-language: en-US
    Acceptlanguage: en-US

Nice.  The speed on Alpha is pretty impressive.  I wonder what their infrastructure is.

Not OS X specific unfortunately, but we had some students doing factorization on GPUs a year or so ago that was running on our nVidia cluster http://www.sci.utah.edu/nvidia-coe.html but I don't know the specifics other than they reported 1000 fold increases in throughput.

Bryan http://prometheus.med.utah.edu/~bwjones/