Re: it is not a file QuickTime understands

Re: it is not a file QuickTime understands

This is a bug -- the actual error should be 403 forbidden, but Quicktime player reports Couldn't open the file "sample_300kbit.mov" because it is not a file that QuickTime understands."

I had to apply 777 permissions to the symlinked directories to get this to work, even though qtss had group read/write access. Does it need x also (I didn't try 770)?.

Then, I re-enabled by qtaccess file, and started getting the same problem -- had to give 777 to the .qtpassword file which was referenced in qtaccess.

Any, I had problems with both QT player and Safari until I did this. So there are two issues:
1. Why a privileges error -- does DSS need execute also, or does it need anonymous access also?
2. Why do I get an error about file type when there's permissions error -- Is this a bug in DSS (reporting the wrong code) or an error in QTPlayer (interpreting the code incorrectly).

Also,
1. Is this the right list for these issues?
2. Does anyone know how logging is configured. I changed the logging level from 2 to 5 (SWAG), but got no more info.