Re: Unofficial documentation of iPhoto 6.0 photocasting feeds

Re: Unofficial documentation of iPhoto 6.0 photocasting feeds

To sum up, the "photocasting" feature centers around a single
undocumented extension element in a namespace that doesn't need to be
declared.  iPhoto 6 doesn't understand the first thing about HTTP, the
first thing about XML, or the first thing about RSS.  It ignores
features of HTTP that Netscape 4 supported in 1996, and mis-implements
features of XML that Microsoft got right in 1997.  It ignores 95% of
RSS and Atom and gets most of the remaining 5% wrong.

Ernest Praphakar, July 27th 2005:

"Just to set expectations appropriately: our goal is to ultimately make iTunes the best possible Podcasting citizen, and reflect the needs of the larger community. However. that will take time, and as mentioned earlier we can't comment or commit to specific product features before they are released. Thank you for your understanding."

I appreciate you aren't personally responsible Ernest, but can you offer any clues as to what the hell is going on at Apple?

Graham