OT: Safari could not establish a secure connection to the server

OT: Safari could not establish a secure connection to the server

Well, it is slightly on-topic since many of my website visitors are complaining they get the same error message when they visit my site, but... *Every* secure site I visit results in Safari bringing up the following error message:

Safari could not open the page ... because Safari could not establish a secure connection to the server ...

This includes mac.com and the Apple Store. I believe this is also the cause of why I also cannot view my account in the iTunes Music Store. I can reach the store itself though just fine.

I've tried all the usual; I've deleted all of the local cache files, preference files, etc for Safari. I even went all the way and deleted any file on my drive with the word Safari in it and reinstalled. (Which is a little challenge with Panther.) I've repaired disk permissions, etc.

If I use the hidden debug menu of Safai and change to 'Performs Lax Certificate Checks' everything works fine. I've checked the date/time of the computer as an Apple KB document suggests doing, but everything looked fine there as well.

Anybody else having this, or better yet anybody have any advice on how to fix this? -Tim