Optimization - Share All Objects -> Register Database Context?

Optimization - Share All Objects -> Register Database Context?

I'm just starting to optimize this application. Enterprise Objects seems to do many fetches on the DB. The first problem I have is that I have a table with a lot of fixed values (sort of a key/value coding table) for things like gender (male/female), title (Mr, Mrs...) and other things, which are subclasses (single table inheritance) of a single table entity.

I want to load this only once, so have set "Share all objects" in EOModeler's Shared entity inspector for the parent class (I have also tried all the subclasses as well). In the FetchAll spec, I have set the "Perform deep inheritance fetch" option. This has caused all the subclasses to be loaded on the server side, but as soon as they are loaded, I get:

$OpenBaseExpression: "SELECT t0.PRIMARY_KEY, t0.TYPE, t0.VALUE FROM ENUMERATION t0 WHERE t0.TYPE = ?" withBindings: 1:"M"(type)>
[2005-08-11 12:04:42 EST] <WorkerThread5> 3 row(s) processed
[2005-08-11 12:04:42 EST] <WorkerThread5> === Commit Internal Transaction
[2005-08-11 12:04:42 EST] <WorkerThread5> Server exception: registeredDatabaseContextForModel() Cannot register the database context for the model X_Generic
[2005-08-11 12:04:42 EST] <WorkerThread5> java.lang.IllegalStateException: registeredDatabaseContextForModel() Cannot register the database context for the model X_Generic
at com.webobjects.eoaccess.EODatabaseContext.registeredDatabaseContextForMo del(EODatabaseContext.java:1145)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor40.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

If I set the "Share all objects" flag on the subclasses, I get the same exception on the model containing the subclass.
This is a Java Client application.

Does anyone have any ideas why EODatabaseContext.registeredDatabaseContextForModel is throwing an exception? There is no indication in the EODatabaseContext documentation as to why it might fail, let alone what needs to be done to fix it.

Thanks
Ian Joyner
Sportstec