Network Audio System

I would like to add sound widgets to my XEmacs.  XEmacs supports both ESD
and NAS sound, but it comes with lisp code that appears to work only for NAS
or MS-Windows.  I compiled XEmacs with ESD support without a problem and
have ESD working on X11 .2.1 (OS X 10.2.4).  But I cannot get the sound to
work I am supposing because ESD doesn't support the Sun sound-file format.
NAS does support that format, but I cannot get it to compile even though its
Makefile includes actions for Darwin systems.

Has anyone gotten NAS to compile and run under X11?

--
Dr. Robert Delius Royar                   Associate Professor of English
Morehead State University                             Morehead, Kentucky