|[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]|
|I have a simple problem with X11 copy-and-paste which I can reproduce right now.|
- I type some text in an OSX application (eg Mail) and copy it using Command-C or Edit | Copy.
- I switch to X11 xterm, and run up vi to edit a file. I hit i to insert text.
- I now expect to be able to paste this text into the file I am editing. However command-V has no effect, nor does control-V. Clicking the middle mouse button runs up Dashboard (because that's how I've configured my mouse). In fact, the Paste option in the Edit menu is greyed out in xterm.
This all works fine if I start an OSX terminal, unsurprisingly. I have only recently bought my Mac (first real use after many years of being a Windows / Linux user). I am running the X11 that came with the OSX 10.4 disk.
A couple of thoughts:
- do I need to configure X11 to use keys in some way? I've tried tinkering with the X11 preferences but haven't found anything that works.
- do should I get rid of the mouse shortcut that loads Dashboard when I click the middle mouse?
This is my first post to this forum so apologies if I am covering ground previously covered elsewhere. I otherwise think X11 is brilliant and can now use my Mac in the garden as a dumb terminal into my PC running Linux! (Shame about the weather at the moment in the UK!)
_______________________________________________ Do not post admin requests to the list. They will be ignored. X11-users mailing list (email@hidden) This email sent to email@hidden
Visit the Apple Store online or at retail locations.
Copyright © 2011 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.