Update to GLX?

Hi I've seen several posts in the past inquiring about
an update to glx for apple's X11 (the most recent post
can be found here
to fix an issue running gl applications remotely from
a sun machine. However the latest post was back in
2005. Two years later I'm still seeing the same issues
running remotely on my solaris box. I was wondering if
there's been any progress in getting an updated glx in
x11 or an intention to. Or has anyones found a
suitable workaround for this problem.

Specifically the is that I get the following error
when running xglinfo on my mac remote logged into

X Error of failed request:
Major opcode of failed request: 152 (GLX)
Minor opcode of failed request: 17

I'm using X11 1.1.3 - XFree86 4.4.0, on PPC running

Any advice would be great. Have people had luck with
X-Darwin or maybe virtual gl?

Thanks in advance.