Update to GLX?

Hi I've seen several posts in the past inquiring about
an update to glx for apple's X11 (the most recent post
can be found here
http://lists.apple.com/archives/mac-opengl/2005/Apr/msg00070.html).
to fix an issue running gl applications remotely from
a sun machine. However the latest post was back in
2005. Two years later I'm still seeing the same issues
running remotely on my solaris box. I was wondering if
there's been any progress in getting an updated glx in
x11 or an intention to. Or has anyones found a
suitable workaround for this problem.

Specifically the is that I get the following error
when running xglinfo on my mac remote logged into
solaris

X Error of failed request:
GLXUnsupportedPrivateRequest
Major opcode of failed request: 152 (GLX)
Minor opcode of failed request: 17
(X_GLXVendorPrivateWithReply)

I'm using X11 1.1.3 - XFree86 4.4.0, on PPC running
Tigre.

Any advice would be great. Have people had luck with
X-Darwin or maybe virtual gl?

Thanks in advance.

-joe