Re: reinstall questions - matlab user

On Oct 16, 2007, at 11:48 AM, David File wrote:

I recently purchased matlab and found that my X11 install was not in proper order. I never could get an X11 icon in the applications folder.

Before I really needed it...I had been trying many different procedures for getting X11 up and running like fink, xf86, apples packages, you name it.

So last week I did a search on X11 and deleted everything I could find, but during the reinstall I always got a message saying "already installed"

I ran that special unix routine to check the install and it told me nothing was there.

So is there some configuration file somewhere that I need to delete? or other?

Thanks,
Dave

Grad student, Physics, Univ. Kansas

Dave,

Check in /Library/Receipts/ for packages such as X11User.pkg and x11SDK.pkg. Moving these to naother location may resolve your issue. If so, then delete them after a successful installation. OMM there is also X11Update2006.pkg, but newer installs may not have that one.

Go Hawks,
Craig