Re: reinstall questions - matlab user

At 11:48 AM -0500 10/16/07, David File wrote:
I recently purchased matlab and found that my X11 install was not in proper order. I never could get an X11 icon in the applications folder.

Before I really needed it...I had been trying many different procedures for getting X11 up and running like fink, xf86, apples packages, you name it.

So last week I did a search on X11 and deleted everything I could find, but during the reinstall I always got a message saying "already installed"

The "already installed" message is very often an indication that one is trying to install a version of X11 that was downloaded from Apple, rather than the version on the CDs that came with the computer. The downloaded version is older and out of date, or so I understand.

I ran that special unix routine to check the install and it told me nothing was there.

So is there some configuration file somewhere that I need to delete? or other?

Thanks,
Dave

Grad student, Physics, Univ. Kansas

Don MacQueen