Re: Speeding up remote GUI apps - colour depth or other ideas?

Re: Speeding up remote GUI apps - colour depth or other ideas?

Thanks for your suggestion Bill. I've tried setting the appropriate options in
/etc/ssh_config, but I have to admit they seem to make any difference as far as I can tell (or at most a tiny effect that hardly noticeable).

I'm still confused as to why the colour depth options have no effect. Can't see why Apple would put them in place otherwise...!

Is there some way that a X11 client can be a bit of a pig and refuse to take any options and just work off fixed options? It could at least explain why nothing I do at the X server end seems to have an effect!

Grant