libXft missing on Intel Macs?

Hello all,

I'm trying to install the latest SWI-Prolog (see http://www.swi- prolog.org/). On a Mac, it uses X11 for its graphics.

Everything works fine on my PowerPC Mac, but when I try to run SWI- Prolog after installing on my Intel Mac I get an error message:

	Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libXft.2.dylib

It seems that the directory /usr/X11R6/lib has libXft on the PowerPC Mac, but not on the Intel Mac. Yet both machines are running OS10.4 and X11 1.1.3.

Has libXft been accidentally omitted from Apple's Intel X11 distribution? Is there a fix?

Hoping somebody can help,

Best wishes,

Tom Conlon