Re: emacs in Mac OS X

Just one comment:
DISPLAY needs to be set!  Don't forget that bit.

export DISPLAY=:0

On Oct 24, 2007, at 8:27 AM, email@hidden wrote:

My iMac is just a few weeks old.

I've installed the X11 and X11 SDK packages and have not
modified any environment setting files yet.

When I read the man page for emacs on this machine, it
seems to say it is a version that recognizes X11 running
and takes advantage of that. However it only seems to run
a terminal version when I execute the emacs command from
an X11 xterm session.

Am I missing some environment variable this emacs needs,
or does the iMac standard distribution only come with a
terminal-only emacs?

-------------------------------------------------------------------- – What can On Demand Business Solutions do for you?

✐The primary task of most software projects is to discover and resolve these unknowns rather than to build a system. -- Philip G. Armour
Richard Cook
✇ Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Bldg-453 Rm-4037, Mail Stop L-557
7000 East Avenue, Livermore, CA, 94550, USA
☎ (office) (925) 423-9605
☎ (fax) (925) 423-6961
Information Management & Graphics Grp., Services & Development Div., Integrated Computing & Communications Dept.
(opinions expressed herein are mine and not those of LLNL)