Re: emacs in Mac OS X

I've gotten the Carbon-based version built on CVS 'latest'.  I found one
bug in the frame initialization code that was causing a crash, fixed it
and submitted a bug to the Emacs developers list.

The output of 'emacs --version' is

"GNU Emacs 23.0.50.1
 GNU Emacs comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
 You may redistribute copies of Emacs
 under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
 For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING."

So far I am having no problems using it.

Later,

Patrick

Randal L. Schwartz wrote:
"Patrick" == Patrick Mahan <email@hidden> writes:

Patrick> Also, if you are not adverse to building from source, the GNU sources Patrick> support a carbon-based Emacs as well. I have been using that one Patrick> with good results and I much prefer it to either the Aqua or the X11 Patrick> version on my powerbook G4.

Except they broke the carbon emacs by adding the "multi-tty" branch for the
next release, and aren't fixing it due to lack of talent.  Apparently the
carbon port isn't important to them any more. :( So now we're stuck with
command-line (somewhat broken) and X11 (unsure, haven't tried that, since I
don't fire up X11 very often), or the 22.1 release only (the last working
carbon version).

If you're a mac developer, and appreciate emacs, please head over to the emacs
devel list and offer your services.  The previous guy abandoned it.