Re: X11 in Leopard: xterm on start-up

We have secretaries (that are not going to be entering command line anythings any time soon) that just start X11, pull down the Applications menu and select an item that ssh'es them into, let's say, our inventory system. How will that work now? I now get "login: ssh - X -Y...No such file or directory".

Turn off the xterm, or at least make it an option, and make it possible to use it the way it was even if everything behind the scenes is different. Make it so X11 can be started and the Applications menu useful. It can't be as difficult as assuming that you know what's best for us like you've already done. I'm pretty pissed. I've got a lot of work to do and having to screw around with this kind of stuff because of what someone else thought was a good idea, when a day ago it JUST WORKED and has forever, doesn't make me happy. I thought I could rely on all of this to JUST WORK, or at least have enough advanced warning to figure out what was going to happen. Why isn't this list a regular forum? I guess we don't rate that kind of respect either?

The spelling checker in Mail doesn't even know xterm or ssh. I guess that should tell us something too. :)

Bob