Re: X11 in Leopard: xterm on start-up

On Oct 28, 2007, at 7:06 PM, Ben Byer wrote:

That program is doing something it shouldn't. To make this work, we patched those functions (X11Trans*, which in this case live in libX11.dylib) -- that error indicates that program is using some private copy of those functions, which is not supported. (I can't figure out why one would.)

Just a quick update to this. I noticed in the source code to ds9 that they link to libX11.a, which was the reason why the compile was breaking. I changed this in the Makefile to libX11.dylib and ds9 now runs fine even with the DISPLAY variable set to the funky /tmp/XXXXX:0 format.

I'll email the DS9 maintainers in the morning! :D

Jamie